Lee Enterprises, Incorporated (Lee Enterprises) is a provider of local news and information and platform for advertising. Its platforms include 51 daily and 39 Sunday newspapers, websites and mobile and table products attracting 22.8 million, and nearly 300 weekly newspapers and classified and niche publications. The company operates in 51 markets in 23 states spanning the Midwest, Mountain West and West regions of the US. It is headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, the US.
The company’s strategy is to build its market position, drive revenue growth, expand its audiences; seize digital opportunities; and control costs
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Lee Enterprises, Incorporated provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Key Facts 4
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Key Employees 5
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Key Employee Biographies 6
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Major Products and Services 7
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - History 8
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Company Statement 10
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 15
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Business Description 15
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Corporate Strategy 16
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Strengths 17
Strength - Market Position 17
Strength - Debt Reduction 17
Strength - Operating Margin 17
Strength - Growing Advertising Market 17
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Weaknesses 17
Weakness - Constant fall in Revenue 17
Weakness - Geographic Concentration 18
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Opportunities 18
Opportunity - Increase in Internet Usage 18
Opportunity - Trends in Content Delivery 18
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Threats 18
Threat - Volatile Newsprint Prices 18
Threat - Highly Competitive Environment 18
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 19
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated - Key Competitors 20
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 21
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 25
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Recent Deals Summary 26
Section 4 – Appendix 27
Ratio Definitions 27
About GlobalData 31
Contact Us 31
List of Tables
List of Tables
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Key Facts 4
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Key Employees 5
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Key Employee Biographies 6
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Major Products and Services 7
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, History 8
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Subsidiaries 13
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Key Competitors 20
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Ratios based on current share price 21
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Annual Ratios 21
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Interim Ratios 24
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Recent Deals Summary 26
Currency Codes 27
Capital Market Ratios 27
Equity Ratios 28
Profitability Ratios 28
Cost Ratios 29
Liquidity Ratios 29
Leverage Ratios 30
Efficiency Ratios 30
List of Figures
List of Figures
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012) 23
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated, Ratio Charts 25
SummaryCorus Entertainment Inc. (Corus) is one of the leading specialty television and radio producers in Canada. It carries out specialty television, digital audio services and cable advertising serv ...Read More
Mobile communications has evolved to become a complex ecosystem with many players. The wireless carriers, while dominant in core services, are not the only major players when it comes to applica ...Read More
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Interactive Mobile and Social Media Marketing Spend in the US to grow at a CAGR of 28.48 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to thi ...Read More
SummaryION Media Networks, Inc. (ION), formerly, Paxson Communications Corporation is a television network broadcasting company. It carries out the ownership and operation of broadcast television stat ...Read More
SummaryLee Enterprises, Incorporated (Lee Enterprises) is a provider of local news and information and platform for advertising. Its platforms include 51 daily and 39 Sunday newspapers, websites and m ...Read More
SummaryLucasfilm Ltd. (Lucasfilm) is a film and television production company. It is a fully integrated entertainment company conducting motion pictures and television production. The company offers l ...Read More
SummaryMeredith Corporation (Meredith) is a media and marketing company. The company’s principal business activities include magazine and book publishing, television broadcasting, integrated marketi ...Read More
SummaryNews Corporation (News Corp) is a diversified global media company. The company specializes in feature film production, television broadcasting through cable and satellite, television programs ...Read More
SummaryPublic Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a private media enterprise. As a non-profit organization it provides educational and public interest programming services to more than 350 public TV station ...Read More
SummarySingapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is a Southeast Asian media company. It publishes, prints, and distributes newspapers. The company also distributes magazines, besides the provision of multime ...Read More
* Required field
Published By : GlobalData
For support please
contact: US Toll Free
+1 888-789-6604 Asia Pacific
To receive alerts about
an update, future offers and discounts on this report, signup here. Email ID