Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a private media enterprise. As a non-profit organization it provides educational and public interest programming services to more than 350 public TV stations. It offers documentary and dramatic entertainment. The company also renders digital learning content for pre-K-12 educators and offers a wide range of other educational services. PBS generates its revenue from underwriting, membership dues, federal funding, license fees, royalties and product sales. It offers services in the US, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa. PBS is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the US
GlobalData’s Public Broadcasting Service provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Public Broadcasting Service - Key Facts 4
Public Broadcasting Service - Key Employees 5
Public Broadcasting Service - Key Employee Biographies 7
Public Broadcasting Service - Major Products and Services 8
Public Broadcasting Service - History 10
Public Broadcasting Service - Company Statement 12
Public Broadcasting Service - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 14
Public Broadcasting Service - Business Description 14
Public Broadcasting Service - SWOT Analysis 15
SWOT Analysis - Overview 15
Public Broadcasting Service - Strengths 15
Strength - Dominant Market Position 15
Strength - Industry Recognitions 15
Strength - Innovation 15
Public Broadcasting Service - Weaknesses 16
Weakness - Limited Diversification 16
Public Broadcasting Service - Opportunities 16
Opportunity - High Growth Markets 16
Opportunity - Trends in Content Delivery 16
Opportunity - New Program Offerings 16
Public Broadcasting Service - Threats 17
Threat - Stringent Regulatory Environment 17
Threat - Rising Piracy Menace 17
Threat - Technological Changes 17
Public Broadcasting Service - Key Competitors 18
Public Broadcasting Service, Recent Deals Summary 19
Section 3 – Appendix 20
About GlobalData 20
Contact Us 20
List of Tables
List of Tables
Public Broadcasting Service, Key Facts 4
Public Broadcasting Service, Key Employees 5
Public Broadcasting Service, Key Employee Biographies 7
Public Broadcasting Service, Major Products and Services 8
Public Broadcasting Service, History 10
Public Broadcasting Service, Subsidiaries 13
Public Broadcasting Service, Key Competitors 18
Public Broadcasting Service, Recent Deals Summary 19
SummaryCorus Entertainment Inc. (Corus) is one of the leading specialty television and radio producers in Canada. It carries out specialty television, digital audio services and cable advertising serv ...Read More
Mobile communications has evolved to become a complex ecosystem with many players. The wireless carriers, while dominant in core services, are not the only major players when it comes to applica ...Read More
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Interactive Mobile and Social Media Marketing Spend in the US to grow at a CAGR of 28.48 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to thi ...Read More
SummaryION Media Networks, Inc. (ION), formerly, Paxson Communications Corporation is a television network broadcasting company. It carries out the ownership and operation of broadcast television stat ...Read More
SummaryLee Enterprises, Incorporated (Lee Enterprises) is a provider of local news and information and platform for advertising. Its platforms include 51 daily and 39 Sunday newspapers, websites and m ...Read More
SummaryLucasfilm Ltd. (Lucasfilm) is a film and television production company. It is a fully integrated entertainment company conducting motion pictures and television production. The company offers l ...Read More
SummaryMeredith Corporation (Meredith) is a media and marketing company. The company’s principal business activities include magazine and book publishing, television broadcasting, integrated marketi ...Read More
SummaryNews Corporation (News Corp) is a diversified global media company. The company specializes in feature film production, television broadcasting through cable and satellite, television programs ...Read More
SummaryPublic Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a private media enterprise. As a non-profit organization it provides educational and public interest programming services to more than 350 public TV station ...Read More
SummarySingapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is a Southeast Asian media company. It publishes, prints, and distributes newspapers. The company also distributes magazines, besides the provision of multime ...Read More
* Required field
Published By : GlobalData
For support please
contact: US Toll Free
+1 888-789-6604 Asia Pacific
To receive alerts about
an update, future offers and discounts on this report, signup here. Email ID