The Walt Disney Company (Walt Disney) is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise company. The company’s media business encompasses an array of broadcast, cable, radio, and publishing businesses. It produces and acquires live-action and animated motion pictures, musical recordings and live stage plays. Walt Disney also licenses the Disney brand for a variety of merchandise. The company manages resorts, vacation clubs, and cruise lines. Geographically, the company operates in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of The Walt Disney Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
The Walt Disney Company - Key Facts 4
The Walt Disney Company - Key Employees 5
The Walt Disney Company - Key Employee Biographies 6
The Walt Disney Company - Major Products and Services 7
The Walt Disney Company - History 8
The Walt Disney Company - Company Statement 10
The Walt Disney Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 – Company Analysis 15
The Walt Disney Company - Business Description 15
The Walt Disney Company - Corporate Strategy 16
The Walt Disney Company - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
The Walt Disney Company - Strengths 17
Strength - Diverse Business Operations 17
Strength - Strong Brand Identity 17
Strength - Marketing Activities 17
Strength - Positive Returns 18
The Walt Disney Company - Weaknesses 18
Weakness - Increasing Restructuring and Impairment cost 18
Weakness - Highly Leveraged 18
The Walt Disney Company - Opportunities 18
Opportunity - Growing Focus on e-Commerce 18
Opportunity - Expanding Entertainment and Media Industry 18
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 18
Opportunity - Growing Advertising Market 19
The Walt Disney Company - Threats 19
Threat - Vulnerability of Intellectual Property 19
Threat - Competitive Pressure 19
Threat - Stringent Regulatory Environment 19
Threat - Subdued Global Economic Growth 19
The Walt Disney Company - Key Competitors 21
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 26
The Walt Disney Company, Recent Deals Summary 27
Section 4 – Appendix 28
Ratio Definitions 28
About GlobalData 32
Contact Us 32
List of Tables
List of Tables
The Walt Disney Company, Key Facts 4
The Walt Disney Company, Key Employees 5
The Walt Disney Company, Key Employee Biographies 6
The Walt Disney Company, Major Products and Services 7
The Walt Disney Company, History 8
The Walt Disney Company, Subsidiaries 13
The Walt Disney Company, Key Competitors 21
The Walt Disney Company, Ratios based on current share price 22
The Walt Disney Company, Annual Ratios 22
The Walt Disney Company, Interim Ratios 25
The Walt Disney Company, Recent Deals Summary 27
Currency Codes 28
Capital Market Ratios 28
Equity Ratios 29
Profitability Ratios 29
Cost Ratios 30
Liquidity Ratios 30
Leverage Ratios 31
Efficiency Ratios 31
List of Figures
List of Figures
The Walt Disney Company, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012) 24
The Walt Disney Company, Ratio Charts 26
SummaryCorus Entertainment Inc. (Corus) is one of the leading specialty television and radio producers in Canada. It carries out specialty television, digital audio services and cable advertising serv ...Read More
Mobile communications has evolved to become a complex ecosystem with many players. The wireless carriers, while dominant in core services, are not the only major players when it comes to applica ...Read More
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Interactive Mobile and Social Media Marketing Spend in the US to grow at a CAGR of 28.48 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to thi ...Read More
SummaryION Media Networks, Inc. (ION), formerly, Paxson Communications Corporation is a television network broadcasting company. It carries out the ownership and operation of broadcast television stat ...Read More
SummaryLee Enterprises, Incorporated (Lee Enterprises) is a provider of local news and information and platform for advertising. Its platforms include 51 daily and 39 Sunday newspapers, websites and m ...Read More
SummaryLucasfilm Ltd. (Lucasfilm) is a film and television production company. It is a fully integrated entertainment company conducting motion pictures and television production. The company offers l ...Read More
SummaryMeredith Corporation (Meredith) is a media and marketing company. The company’s principal business activities include magazine and book publishing, television broadcasting, integrated marketi ...Read More
SummaryNews Corporation (News Corp) is a diversified global media company. The company specializes in feature film production, television broadcasting through cable and satellite, television programs ...Read More
SummaryPublic Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a private media enterprise. As a non-profit organization it provides educational and public interest programming services to more than 350 public TV station ...Read More
SummarySingapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is a Southeast Asian media company. It publishes, prints, and distributes newspapers. The company also distributes magazines, besides the provision of multime ...Read More
* Required field
Published By : GlobalData
For support please
contact: US Toll Free
+1 888-789-6604 Asia Pacific
To receive alerts about
an update, future offers and discounts on this report, signup here. Email ID